Who Can Apply?
You can apply for teacher registration under these categories; full or temporary registration:
Categories of Registration
1. Full Registration
A person is qualified for full registration if;
- the person holds any of the qualifications prescribed by the Teachers Act 2016 from a tertiary institution recognised in Samoa.
- this person must, in the last 10 years from date of application, have at least two (2) years teaching experience in a school or tertiary institution recognized in Samoa.
- resuming employment in a school, returning to teaching after a career break or a new teacher in Samoa and have not registered as a teacher with the Samoa Teachers Council.
- a Principal/Vice Principal or ECE Principal
2. Temporary Registration
A person who is qualified for temporary registration may be granted to;
- a Graduate Teacher with less than 2 years of teaching experience;
- a Volunteer Teacher;
- an Overseas Teacher teaching in Samoa for up to 2 years;
- a Part-time Teacher or Relieving Teacher;